Friday, February 1, 2013

A Year of Dates: Date #4

Two Minutes in Heaven

Don't be afraid to spice things up a little!  I mean, we tend to think of dates as movies, dinner, games, walks, activities outside the home.  But don't discount the stolen moments you can enjoy at home - even with the kids in the house! Sometimes it is these specific stolen moments that reconnect you and align you as a couple, especially in the crazy world of work, kids, commitments outside the home.

This "date" is meant to be intimate.  Oh, very intimate. Thus, due to privacy, I will spare you details of our date, but I have to say, I love this.  It is fun and it doesn't require anything fancy other than a die and a few minutes alone with your spouse.  I cannot take credit for this (though wouldn't I have been a genius if I had?!) This is once again an idea from the Dating Divas. You can check out all the details:  http://www.thedatingdivas.com/just-the-two-of-us/2-minutes-in-heaven/

What I did to present this to my husband: I simply cut and pasted the rules, printed them out on coloured paper, and inserted the paper and a couple of index cards into an envelope.

Chad thought he was opening a night that included a gift card because of the stiffness of the envelope... he was {pleasantly} surprised and very pleased with the contents.

Give it a try.
Savour the "stolen moments."
 It is all important to our sanity and our marriages.


No comments: