Wednesday, February 2, 2011

My Dream Places to Live

This week, my husband and I have been bouncing questions via email back and forth to one another.  Yesterday's question was, "What makes you laugh?"  Hence, the theme of the previous post.

Today, my question to my hubby was this: "If money wasn't an issue and your job didn't impede where you need to be, where would you live?"

This was his snazzy response:


Hmmm.... well, if money, job, etc were not a concern, then I guess I could have a few homes to stay in J

1.       Christchurch, New Zealand
2.       Victoria, BC, Canada
3.       Vittoriosa, Malta

https://www.rendezvousagent.com/AHC/IslandStatic/images2/christchurch.jpg
New Zealand, because of the landscapes, its relevance to the Lord of the Rings J.  Its secluded but modern and the people speak English.  Christchurch for is history and culture.

http://victoriarealestatevoice.com/image_store/uploads/5/5/7/3/4/ar124919090043755.jpg
Victoria as a flip on my East Coast background, something familiar yet different.  Love Canada, amazing country and would want a place here.  West coast, but not Vancouver – too big.

http://www.destination360.com/europe/malta/images/s/vittoriosa.jpg
Malta, for its warmth and beauty.  They also speak English there so that’s a plus.   Swimming in the med and close to Vittoriosa  for a good mix of things to do and a place to relax…

****************************************************************
Okay.  Now its my turn...


For me, it is difficult to pick one place, let alone a few places, as there are many that I would love to live in, especially if I could have many homes. In that same tune, here is my list...

1. Tuscany, Italy.  I fell in love with this area when I was in Florence and got a taste of the area while riding on the train and the tour I took to Fiesole.  The pace is laid back, the food divine and it is so beautifully old!

2. Provence Region of France.  This encompasses some of the best beaches in Europe along the Med., and it is once again, beautifully old and apparently laid back.  It is also only a few hour train ride from Paris.

3. Bermuda.  Simply beautiful in every way.  Many memories. Enough said.

4. Salsburg, Austria.  I picked this one because it was my favourite place I have ever visited.  Once again, I love the pace of life here, the history and culture.  It is so central to other parts of Europe and its easy to get around the city, too.  Oh, and I can't forget the views!  Surrounded by the majestic Alps...

5.  South End Halifax.  A sentimental attachment to what feels like my home.

6. Christchurch, New Zealand.  That one intrigued me on your (my husband's) list, so I looked it up.  It is on the water, has a Halifax-y feel and its luscious and very green.

Malta sounds quite amazing, too.  But that would make my list even longer...




So, if you could live anywhere, where would it be?


2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I had a great Uncle and Aunt that traveled all over our country, but not outside of it. They shared what wonderful places we have to see in America. My husband and I enjoyed reading of families who travel the nation touring as they homeschool and have shared "What if." At this time in our life, that isn't possible though. His dream vacation is Hawaii. I would also like to visit Ireland and Germany and tour castles.
I love living here, on my Grandparent's land, and in the house my husband built.

Jennifer said...

I just read further and realized you were in Canada. If I were to visit Canada I'd love to see all of the places that Lucy Maud Montgomery wrote of. I'd also like to go see Ontario where a brother in law has moved and meet relatives I've never met. They do make it sound very cold there so the trip would have to be in the summertime.