Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Patience Always has a Way of Paying Off

As I spent my afternoon and evening waiting for my name to be called one flight after another, I began to take on a more go with it attitude than my regular go get 'em way. I was realizing that all this was out of my hands and that if I waited, good things will come. I would be rewarded.

Well, I arrived at my first destination safe and sound. Overdue from the original plan, but I am here none-the-less. I actually had 2 great flights. The one to YUL was actually in first class! Now THAT is patience rewarded. (The cheese plate and hot towel is nice, too). The second leg was a short jaunt from one gate to another and an even shorter wait for the leg to YYZ. I swear everyone had an entire row to themselves. It was great! Smooth sailing.

Patience. I got to practice and embrace it today. I remembered that patience is key in all situations, especially in ones that are out of my control. I must remember that more often (note to self on that one).

And now for the greatest reward of the whole ordeal is that I am settling in for the night at a dear friend's place who I treasure so much. That makes the wait all worth it right there!

Sent from my iPad

No comments: