Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Waiting... A test of patience

I am presently sitting beside the gate at the airport listening and watching as they are frantically trying to figure out how to get people on the flights to their destination.

Me, I am just a "con"- an "employee" on standby, thus, I am the last priority.  I have already sat through three flights; two of which were supposed to have room but because of delays and cancelations, I am "bumped".  Once again, with sweaty palms and heart racing, straining to hear my name called last minute.

Sigh.  It is definitely a reminder to have patience and lots of them.  It's also telling me that I just need to take it all in stride.  After a busy year and summer, this is my calling.  Be patient and take it in stride.  And for me to remember that it's all art of the adventure.  Right?

No comments: